We are on the verge of welcoming the new year 2021, well the year 2020 has been very challenging to the entire world. Like any other country, India also had to face the covid pandemic and its consequences. Odisha State has also had its share of challenges not only concerning covid pandemic but in the form of natural disasters such as cyclone, floods etc.
- The prompt and timely steps taken by the BJD Government under the leadership of Shri. Naveen Patnaik was very helpful in taking the covid situation under control and helped save many lives. Along with taking measures to prevent covid pandemic the government also parallelly worked on providing livelihood to migrant workers and farmers as well.
- Super cyclone Amphan though landed in the state of West Bengal, caused huge damage in the districts of Kendrapara, Bhadrak, Balasore and Jagatsinghpur. Though property damage was there no casualties were reported because of the timely steps taken by the authorities and the government.
- Another incident that cannot be forgotten whenever there is a mention of the year 2020 concerning Odisha State is the kidnap and murder of a 5-year-old girl, this incident was very unfortunate.
- Because of the low pressures created in the Bay of Bengal Major rivers started flowing above the danger mark and as a result, many areas like Keonjhar, Cuttack, Puri, Jajpur, Bhadrak, Kendrapara and Mayurbhanj were affected.
- Govt of Odisha has taken many steps in the year 2020 to make medical facilities accessible even to remote areas where infrastructural facilities are not available, one of such steps is the inauguration of boat ambulance.
Well, time is a mixture of good and bad, happy and sad, incidents, and as they say, everything passes along with time, and so the situation good or bad ever stays. New Year always presents us with the opportunity to have new expectations and hopes concerning the future. Let us all hope that in the coming year the Odisha state will develop and progress in all the areas by leaps and bounds. And we as citizens will positively play our part by contributing to the development of the state, and the country as a whole.