Odisha government totally ruled out New Year celebrations across the state and in the capital city in view of corona virus. Chief Secretary A K Tripathy said, anyone violating the rules will be strictly punished under the provisions of the Disaster Management Act, 2005 and other relevant laws.
To celebrate New Year people usually gather in large number at hotels, restaurants, clubs, park and public places, in such circumstances covid 19 can spread more rapidly keeping in mind the public interest and their safety this decision has been taken the prohibition on celebrations will be for two days 31st and 1st January 2021.
- Night curfew will commence tonight from 10 P. M to 5 A. M
- Shops, Hotels and business establishments should be closed and people should return home by 10 P. M
- Only medical shops and clinics will be allowed to operate.
- No public gatherings and celebrations
- Dinners and celebrations in apartment complexes will not be allowed and patrolling vans will come to check.